While updating windows or making an installation error code 0x800f081f comes up, this may be because of configuration reason or .NET framework installation. This becomes a common issue for the windows user but you don’t need to pay someone to get it fixed, you can easily fix it by yourself.
Fix Error Code 0x800f081f in Windows 10
Our development team has given these reasons and shared the needed information to fix the error code 0x800f081f easily. Follow given step for both the fixes and learn to tackle these issues and about the system, perform these steps manually by keeping a keen eye over each click and get backup of your data for future safety.
Sometimes installing an application needs an .NET framework 3.5 instead of a newly installed framework, Windows 10 includes .NET framework upgrade and set the newly installed framework as default. This issue might occur due to the disability of earlier version and the path location is not found because of that, this can be fixed by enabling the version using few steps and download the framework to access your application.
- Open Run window using window + R
- Enter gpedit.msc in the run box.
- You will be navigated to Local group policy editor.
- Move to Computer configurations > Administrative Templates >System
- Refer the same above image and guide yourself to navigate.
- Double click on the “Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair”.
- You will get a new window open, choose to enable option.
Now download .NET framework 3.5 and initiate the process again, maybe this will fix your error and if not then move to another fix.
Enable the .NET framework by following the given step and use DISM command to counter your results instantly and do the installation process.
- Open command prompt (run as administrator).
- Enter this command: “Dism /online /enable-feature/featurename:NetFx3All/Source:<ISO>:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess.
- Name the drive path at a place of ISO where ISO is present, (name the drive letter)
- Make an install and the initiate your process again.
This will eventually help you to fix the error code 0x800f081f easily and make your installation work done, this will also help you to access a number of applications and it’s not an window damage. This issue might not need window repair, only an ISO image will help you and you can install the needed version of .NET framework. There is a number of authorized places where you will get the authenticated link to download the .NET framework and manage it manually for the applications, we would recommend you to enable it by following these steps and try installing it again.